Contribute to global breakthroughs
with your US engineering visa
Are you a student, scholar, trainee, intern, teacher, professor, or specialist in the field of engineering? Professionals in the engineering field can visit the US in the interest of furthering science and discovery. There are a variety of ways to get an engineering visa, depending on your specific situation. Engineering professionals can legally work in the US on several different visa types, including:
- J-1 Exchange Visitor: J visas are issued to a person participating in an exchange visitor program through a designated agency. Depending on the type of visitor, the visa may be valid for 1-3 years, or the length of the program.
- H-1B: This is the most common type of visa for workers in specialty fields. This visa allows the applicant to be employed while in the US, and can include various other features depending on the industry in which he or she is working.
- E-3: An employee in a specialty occupation can work under the E-3 visa if the position requires a bachelor’s degree or higher, or if it requires an otherwise generally accepted set of specialized knowledge.
- TN: Citizens of Canada or Mexico can work in engineering under TN status if they meet certain criteria set by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). TN status means the applicant must be willing to leave the country when employment is over.
- F-1: This visa is provided to students studying specialized fields in the US. The student may gain limited employment while visiting on this visa. The visa is valid for as long as it takes to complete the program, and allows for a 60-day grace period once their education is complete.
- O-1: This type of visa is reserved for people with extraordinary abilities in science, art, education, business, or athletics. The visa is typically valid for a period of up to 3 years, but can be extended in 1-year increments.
Comprehensive engineering visa services
VISANOW’s immigration services provide a comprehensive process for visiting engineers, scientists, and educators. Our experienced team will help you identify, apply for, and receive the right US engineering visa for your situation. VISANOW will streamline the process to keep recruiters, managers, and visiting engineering experts happy throughout the immigration process.
Get started today with VISANOW’s innovative online technology. Apply online for your engineering visa!
Tap into VISANOW’s 99.97% visa approval rate.