Our Commitment to Privacy
VisaNow.com, Inc. (“VISANOW”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all users of our services. Please review this policy to understand the steps VISANOW has taken to secure your personal information.
VISANOW may request personal information for purposes including:
- Subscribing to our online newsletters
- Case management
- Obtaining services
- Access to account information and patented Q&A process
VISANOW will not disclose your personal information to any outside party without your consent, except in limited circumstances to our business partners with whom we have established agreements that protect consumer privacy, and to the attorneys and legal staff (“Attorneys”) working on your case. We take great care to protect your information using best practice and current security standards regarding encryption and data storage. VISANOW has designed our Web Site to ensure the privacy of your personal information.
Information Collected by VISANOW
While you are navigating our Web Site, we may collect the following information from you to use in our efforts to provide the highest quality products:
- IP Address/OS/Software – Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS), browser software (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari) and other site usage data is used to gather broad demographic information. This data is viewed in aggregate and helps us serve you by allowing us to understand how visitors use our website.
- Cookies – We use a technology called “cookies,” small files stored by your browser to help keep track of your user profile. Our cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, nor do we share them with anyone other than the Attorneys.
- Registration and Subscription Services – VISANOW will collect information, including your name, email address, phone, and company name. The Information is stored in a secure manner and kept as you consented.
Case Management – Using VISANOW’s services will include providing an extensive amount of personal information for the preparation of petitions and applications. This information is password protected, and extreme care is taken so it is shared only with the attorneys and legal staff responsible for preparing the case, and with the government agencies that process the petitions and applications filed for immigrant and nonimmigrant benefits.
- Credit Cards – As needed, credit card information will be transmitted from VISANOW through secure servers to our merchant provider. The data is strongly encrypted during transmission to ensure that personal and payment information is secure.
Why We Collect Information
VISANOW collects personal and contact information for several reasons. We provide updates on the company as well as US immigration news to registered users. Personal data collected in questionnaires is used on your behalf by VISANOW’s staff and by the Attorneys to prepare and submit petitions, applications and supporting documents to government agencies for the purpose of your immigrant and nonimmigrant benefits. All VISANOW accounts are kept separate from one another and require secure authentication to access personal information.
VISANOW will provide required information to the Attorneys who will submit required information, petitions, applications, and other documents to the appropriate government agencies. Forms and documents related to your case will be completed using the information you have provided through the online questionnaires. Client credit card information will be submitted to VISANOW’s processor merchant account as transactions are made.
WHERE WE HOLD DATA/SAFE HARBOR FRAMEWORK
We operate the Sites from the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By visiting the Sites, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
We recognize that the European Community has established a data protection regime pursuant to Directive 95/46/EC, which applies to the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and restricts companies in the EEA in transferring personal data about individuals in the EEA to the United States, unless there is “adequate protection” for such personal data when it is received in the United States. To create such “adequate protection” and to overcome the restriction on international data transfers established by the Directive, VISANOW complies with the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. VISANOW has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view VISANOW’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.